In fact, if you are a newbie in makeup and have no idea about shapes and proper plucking, you may want to start on these kits. Stencils are easy to use, but in the same way, they are easy to improperly use. Thus, it is important for you to know how to properly choose and use these eyebrow stencil kits to create the perfect effect.
Five Types of Eyebrow Stencils
There are five kinds of eyebrow shape stencils that you can choose from, which are:
Celebrity Inspired Stencils. Obviously, these stencils imitate the professional eyebrow shapes of various celebrities. Note that using these will not instantaneously give you a Hollywood makeover, and that you need to consider carefully whether or not the particular eyebrow shape will look good on you.
Pre-waxed Stencils. These stencils have both an eyebrow shape and a wax in one package. After applying the stencil, the waxing strip in the kit allows you to remove the hair by pulling the stencil off. This may look very convenient for you, but sometimes you can run the risk of removing too few, or worse, too many hair. These stencils are recommended mostly for touch-ups, and not for completely new looks.
Plastic Stencils. These eye brow stencils are made of plastic and can be reused for a number of times. They are study yet flexible and thin, but you would need to clean it up every after use to prevent bacteria and dirt from building up on it.
Printable Eyebrow Stencils. Many makeup and beauty sites offer free printable eyebrow stencils. These free online eyebrow stencils are good for one time use, of course. When printing them out, make sure that you do not alter the proportions of the stencil or else you might end up messing up and distorting your brows. These free eyebrow stencils are usually given on a sample basis, and these are great for trying out new looks before finally purchasing an eyebrow stencil kit that you find best.
Stencil Sets. These eye brow stencil kits come in packages of three to four, all of which are slightly different but coordinating. They give you subtly different looks, and these changes in your look is noticeable, but hardly drastic.
How to Use Eyebrow Stencils
Here are instructions and guidelines for using eyebrow stencil kits:
1. Clean your brows thoroughly and prepare your skin by putting on some pre-tweezing gel.
2. Apply the stencil and align it to the natural start and end points of your brow and hold it firmly (but gently) in place.
3. Fill in the space with some brow powder or pomade with a small angle cut brush. You may also use a brow pencil to fill it.
4. Remove the stencil very carefully, and make sure you do not smudge the guide.
5. You can now remove the hair that is outside the sketched area by tweezing, plucking, or trimming them.
6. Soothe your skin and the irritated areas by applying anti-tweeze cream or brow gel.
7. If necessary, you can reapply the stencil to refine the shape of your brows then remove more stray hairs for a polished look.
Beauty experts and makeup artists highly recommend Anastasia eyebrow stencils, and so do we. This eyebrow stencil kit includes four vinyl-based reusable brow stencils, along with brow powder, a brow gel, tweezers, a brush angled cut brush, a case and a detailed instruction kit. Each Anastasia eyebrow stencil is designed to suit all face shapes and features.
Eyebrow stencils are very easy to use in creating perfectly-shaped eyebrows in seconds. However, only by choosing the best eyebrow stencil kit and using them properly would guarantee success in achieving this end.