The process you need to take to apply liquid eyeliner is pretty straightforward but if you were never taught how to do it, you may be hesitant to try.
The bottom line is that there are serious benefits to using liquid eyeliner and waterproof liquid eyeliner. And, once you learn the proper technique, it is not that difficult to apply it flawlessly every time. Before you get started learning how to apply it, you will need to purchase the product that is right for you.
What is Liquid Eye Liner?
Liquid eyeliner is simply eyeliner that is in liquid form instead of pencil or powder form. The liquid liner is usually designed as a slender tube with a fine brush on the end. By turning the tube on the other end, the liquid comes out in small amounts. It comes in a variety of colors, including brown liquid eyeliner. It also comes in several different formulas.
Benefits of Liquid Eyeliners
There are a lot of benefits to using liquid eyeliners. Learning how to use eyeliner is a big bonus in understanding the benefits. These include:
- Line doesn’t fade as easily as with other eyeliners.
- Fine brush glides over lids easily and with precision.
- Most formulas are waterproof or water resistant.
Proper Liquid Eyeliner Application – The Steps
There is a precise method when it comes to learning how to apply liquid eyeliner. Learning how to put on regular eyeliner is a good first step before graduating to liquid eyeliner. Here are the steps:
- Apply eyeshadow base to the lids. This will prevent the makeup from smudging.
- When you are first learning how to apply liquid eyeliner, it is a good idea to apply regular eyeliner with a light touch. Then you can go over it with the liquid liner. The benefit of this is that the line will already be drawn.
- When it is time to apply the liquid eyeliner, prep the liner by making sure there is enough liquid in the brush.
- Start with the top lid. With a light touch, apply the liner starting at the inside corner and working outwards.
- Instead of trying to apply it all in one long line, it works best if you actually draw several smaller lines. However, as you practice more, you will find the best method for you.
- Make sure you let the eyeliner dry thoroughly before applying more eye makeup or even blinking.
Buying Liquid Eyeliner
When you purchase liquid eyeliner, there are a few things that you will need to look out for. First, you will want to buy a product that is highly regarded. Reading product reviews is a good idea. Also, you want to make sure that the formula is easy to work with and that the liner is in the right color.
Two of our favorites are Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner and Revlon Liquid Eyeliner. Both products are put out by highly respected cosmetic companies. Maybelline’s formula is precise and you can actually draw the line in one stroke. Revlon’s is also easy to apply. Both formulas are long lasting and do not smudge easily.