Your eyes can make you look and feel spectacular but if you don’t know the secrets to applying eye makeup, then you will never be able to take advantage of this.
Listed below is the steps to applying eye makeup.
Applying eye make up takes practice and when applying eye shadow there are a few steps you need to follow.
- You should always decide in advance how many eye shadow colors you are going to use.
- Choose your primary color first. This is the color that you want to stand out the most. You apply this color to the whole of your eyelid.
- The next step is to apply the lighter color eye shadow above this color and below your eyebrow. The entire area should be covered in one movement.
Eyeliner is essential when it comes to applying eye make up and it is available in both liquid and pencil form.
- The first step to applying eyeliner is to draw a thin line as close to the base of your eyelids as you possibly can. You should always start at the inside corner of your eye and work your way out.
- If you find it difficult to complete this in one line, short strokes can be used.
- If you wish to create a dramatic look when you apply eye make up, you can also apply eyeliner to your bottom lids. This is done in the opposite direction to the top eyelids.
Mascara is the third process for applying eye make up. In order for your eyelashes to look their best it is worthwhile investing in an eyelash curler.
- When applying mascara you should never pump the wand into the container. This pushes air into the container and in turn dries out your mascara. Instead simply insert the wand and turn it a couple of time before pulling it out.
- You should only apply mascara by running the brush along your lashes. The direction of this should be away from your face. Only apply 2 coats and allow the mascara to dry in between. This will help to make your eyelashes appear thicker.
- After applying your mascara, combing your eyelashes with an eyelash comb will help to remove any clumps that may appear and this will also separate your lashes to give them a fuller thicker look.
By following these tips for applying eye makeup, you will be well on your way to looking and feeling spectacular.