Eyebrow waxing is very popular in shaping brows. It is because it is a fast way to obtain waxed eyebrows that will last for weeks and it is not a question on how often you should wax your brows. However, waxing done by professionals is very costly. Hence here are tips for you which you can do at your home and will not cost you a fortune.
What is Inside the Eyebrow Waxing Kits?
First, you must get yourself an eyebrow waxing kit. You can purchase eyebrow waxing kits from beauty stores and online markets. Typically, a starter waxing eyebrow waxing kit may have the following:
- wax warmer
- hair removal wax
- pre waxing cleanser
- post-depilatory calming oil
- post-depilatory cooling gel
- post-depilatory lotion
- wax applicators
How to Wax Eyebrows
Waxing eyebrows takes a lot of courage for first timers as this can be a very painful experience. Follow this simple step-by-step guide to wax your eyebrows.
- Prepare your skin by washing your face especially around your eyebrows.
- Outline your desired eyebrow shape using a dark, well pointed eyebrow pencil on both sides and make sure it is done perfectly as this will serve as your guide.
- Heat the facial wax in a wax heater or in a bowl until it becomes transparent. Be careful not to put on too hot wax on your skin as it can burn you and the wax should not come in contact with the eyes.
- Comb your eyebrows with a brow brush towards its growth direction and part the brows that are found below the outlines you have made.
- With an applicator, apply a small amount of wax on the stray hairs.
- Take the wax strips and place a small piece of it on the wax and press.
- With one hand pull the strip towards the opposite direction of the hair growth. Do it fast and in one go.
- Repeat the procedure as needed until your desired shape is achieved.
- You can finish the procedure by plucking the very short hairs or trimming the long hairs.
Eyebrow Waxing Versus Eyebrow Plucking
Some professionals discouraged women from waxing because it is an imprecise method of shaping the brows and they are encouraging the use of tweezers for a more accurate and inexpensive way of shaping the brows. So what’s the difference of the two?
- 1. Waxing is contraindicated to some medicines or medical conditions as adverse effects like rashes may arise. On the other hand tweezing can be done by anyone without the fear of having side effects.
- 2. Waxing takes off hair quickly while with tweezing, it can take hours to finish as hairs have to be removed one by one.
- 3. You can accidentally spread wax and remove hairs that should not be removed with waxing. While with tweezing, you are in control of which hairs you want to stay and which should have to go.
- 4. You need several supplies in waxing while with tweezing you only need a good pair of tweezers. Hence waxing is more expensive than tweezing. Likewise when your supplies for waxing runs out, you have to get yourself a new waxing kit. Wherein tweezing, if you will take care of your tweezers, you will be using it for the rest of your life.