Caution on Halloween Ghost Makeup
Before starting to lay out all the Halloween makeup tips for you to try out, you have to be informed that many of the Halloween makeup products and materials are quite harsh. Some ingredients in those do-it-yourself kits and makeup may irritate your skin.
If you have a sensitive skin, it might be best to forego them and stick with makeup that is approved for use on the face.
Despite the dangers of Halloween face painting and makeup, it is undeniable how applying Halloween makeup is very central in achieving the perfect look.
The makeup you have on your mind should perfectly complement the Halloween costumes that you have picked out, and even the Halloween decorations that you have set up at home.
Make sure that you have thought it out carefully days before and have everything ready before the big day comes.
Halloween Makeup Tips
Here are some Halloween makeup instructions for you:
• Always begin with a clean face. It is best to apply some astringent then a very thin coat of Vaseline to facilitate easy makeup removal.
• Find a good place with enough lighting and a comfortable chair to sit on.
• Decide whether you will be using prosthetic pieces such as scars, scabs, warts, nose or built up areas around the face and apply them first.
• After putting on those prosthetics, apply some foundation makeup. Your choice of colour should depend on the effect you want to create. Use white for vampire look, grip for corpse, green for goblins and witches, red for devils and blue for a good frozen look. Apply lightly then pat to blend.
• Makeup can be applied to achieve different textures. Use makeup brush strokes for a smoother appearance, while dappling motions for various effects. You can also create texture using a simple sponge or a rough texturing sponge.
• It is important to emphasize the face using highlights and shadows. Employ a darker colour for shadows and lighter ones for highlights. Shadowing can be achieved by taking a darker color of foundation and apply it on the cheeks, below the eyes, above the chin and your temples. A good Halloween eye makeup works for a more effective look. Shadow around the eyes for a more sunken look.
• Highlight on the areas with fine lines, wrinkles and features. Remember that the brighter the highlight, the more fantastic you will look like.
Halloween Makeup Ideas: The Do’s and Don’ts
• Do pick out Halloween makeup that is cheap and fun, but be careful not to use poisonous substances like ink, paint or shoe polish. It is safest to use food dyes and hair coloring, as well as FDA-approved makeup and cosmetics.
• If you need to apply some on your children, try to use only those that are tried and tested. Better yet, come up with your own concoctions. Either way, try the makeup on your own face first by testing only a small area on the skin and leaving it for an hour or so.
• Apply your Halloween makeup layers one at a time, allowing sufficient time for it to dry up.
• When wearing greasepaint or extra heavy layer of cosmetics, it would help if you dust the final product with powder to stop it from running in the heat.
• When taking off your makeup, use some good quality makeup remover or cold cream and never try to rub it off your skin!
Follow these Halloween makeup tips, use your imagination, and look your best this Halloween season!