Punk is an entirely different lifestyle altogether, so you should know that it requires you certain non-conformist clothes, accessories and hairstyle to express your punk style. These, topped with the right punk makeup look will make you appear the most angsty, forceful punk chick you can ever be.
Punk Makeup Tips
1. You should start out with a nice natural base that will even out your skin tone. You should not use foundation that is too light or too dark, use one that is your shade. Apply it evenly onto your skin. Try to go for matte and oil-free foundation as shiny skin is a no-no for punk beauty.
2. Your punk eye makeup should be central and this is where you start putting makeup. First, you need to apply a thin line of black liquid liner to both eyes carefully, then apply eyeshadow. Go for smoky shadow colors such as silver, gray and white. Apply a very light shade first using a brush, then followed by a darker one along the crease and blend it over your eye socket. You can put in a third even darker shadow as another layer to add more depth.
3. Then, you must use an eye pencil in dark gray or black and apply it on your top lash line towards the outer corner. Blend everything all together to create a sultry, smoky look. Do not miss out on a good, thick mascara (two coatings would be enough).
4. If you want to emphasize your eyes, you might not want to add color on your lips to even out your face, but you can apply some gloss. You can also opt to put some bright pink or red lip color if you want to.
5. Typically, you do not need that much blush on your face. If you think you still do, you can use a natural light blush color to highlight your cheekbones.
There are actually no definite rules for the right punk makeup or look. You can go for these punk makeup tips and be on the safe side, but you can go for varieties which can include false lashes, luscious red lips, charcoal liners and bright pink cheeks. Though black is predominantly the color of punk, you can add in purple, royal blue, dark red or neon pink to create a more dramatic effect.
Punk Goth Makeup Tips
These days, there is not quite a fine line anymore that separates punk, cyberpunk, Goth, hard rock, and emo lifestyles. So if you belong to this borderline, the only addition you would need is evenly putting on a light, almost white foundation to create a pale white facial base.
Punk rock makeup and cyber punk makeup are much like the usual punk makeup style, so following suit on those mentioned tips is not such a bad idea.
Punk Hair Cuts
Having an outrageous and wild punk hair style is the undefeated way to show off your punk lifestyle. Punk hair styles are distinct for its wild colors, funky style and startling cuts. Extremely unnatural colors such as orange, pink, green, and neon shades, coupled with unusual configurations, asymmetrical cuts or shaved patterns are considered punk. However, the Mohawk (hair is set vertically in a narrow band at the top of the head) style is still by far the most recognizable punk style.
To exude that punk beauty in you, follow these punk makeup tips, get the right hairstyle, and shop around for the right flashy clothes and accessories. Make your entire appearance be your entire punk statement.