Mineral make up foundations are best to use for all skin hues and shade, and all skin types, even the most sensitive of all skins. They do not have any fragrances, preservatives, dyes, talc or other unnecessary additives that can potentially damage your pores and your skin’s health. They are mostly made out of zinc oxide or titanium dioxide which are both minerals that have been proven to enhance your skin.
Benefits of Mineral Powder Foundations
There are a good number of reasons why mineral powder foundation is now a mainstay in every makeup kit. Here are some of them:
• Mineral powder foundations provide you with a radiant seamless coverage.
• They have natural moisturizing properties that prevent drying of the skin.
• Using a mineral powder foundation smoothes out all the blemishes and imperfections without the cakey appearance.
• Mineral make up foundations are ideal of acne-prone, damaged and sensitive skin.
• They have anti-inflammatory properties that can actually help speed up healing of pimples and blemishes.
• They provide breathable, natural-looking and light coverage, allowing your skin’s natural radiance to shine on top of all the makeup.
• Mineral powder foundations are water resistant. They withstand humid weather, sweat and tears. You do not need to do touch ups every now and then.
What is the Best Mineral Powder Foundation?
Mineral powder foundation reviews have revealed four of the best mineral foundations in the market today and they are:
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation
This mineral product by Neutrogena provides pure and gentle, and a naturally healthy look. It is made out of nothing but only the purest and gentlest minerals that can even out your skin tone and provide you with the ideal sheer coverage. It is dermatologic ally formulated and developed, and does not contain potential irritants such as talc, fragrance or oils. Available in 4 shades at $12.
Velvet Mineral Powder Foundation
Amazing Cosmetics’ Velvet Mineral Powder Foundation provides you with a stunning, soft and silky finish. Customize your look through these ultra fine, non-comedogenic, oil-free minerals. This mineral powder is non-drying and lasts long without need for touch-ups. It is available in seven colors at $32.
Alison Raffaele Mineral Powder Foundation
Alison Raffaele offers mineral powders that give out natural looking sheer and matte coverage to blur out minor imperfections and even out your skin tone. Their zinc oxide and titanium dioxide formulation is exclusively formulated to provide natural protection, balance excess oils, and calm irritated skin. Their formulation does not contain bismuth oxychloride. Alison Raffaele Mineral Foundations are available in seven colors (very fair to deep), each for $29.50.
Arbonne Mineral Powder Foundation
Arbonne promises you a realistic, natural coverage with very minimal effort through their mineral powder foundation (with SPF 15). Their advanced formula includes pigments and minerals that give you the flawless and natural finish that you need. It is available in 15 shades for $34.